Worship at St Luke’s and St Mary’s
You no longer need to book to attend worship at St Luke's or St Mary's.
Face coverings and Social distancing will still be in place until the government say it's safe not to. See below for full details on attending worship during Covid-19.
Morning Prayer: is on Zoom and is usually on Mon, Tues & Thurs each week. (This week beginning 31/5 Tues & Thurs)
You can join us on Zoom here: bit.ly/930mp
or by phone:
Meeting ID: 850 2058 1307
the service lasts for 20 mins.
CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING ATTENDING WORSHIP AND KEEPING SAFE
COVID-19 GUIDANCE FOR ATTENDING CHURCH DECEMBER 2020
- There is a booking system in place - we may not have room for you if you haven't booked.
- It is vitally important that you understand your own clinical risk before you attend a physical services in church. The NHS has guidance available to help you assess this.
- You should not attend if you, or anyone in your household, is currently self-isolating, displaying symptoms such as a high temperature, lost or changed sense of smell, or a new and continuous cough, awaiting Covid-19 test results or has been diagnosed with Covid-19.
- You should keep a distance of 2m from people not in your household. You should not interact with those outside of your household.
- Face Coverings are mandatory in church unless you have a valid medical exemption. Those leading the service or reading a lesson do not need to wear a face covering, but will do at times.
- On arrival, be prepared to wait with distancing to be shown into church. Please do not linger in the porch on entry or exit. We will be asking for details for track and trace purposes if this hasn't been given at the time of booking.
- You must sanitise your hands (or wash then in the hand basin in the toilet) on arrival and on leaving. You are welcome to bring your own 70%+ hand sanitiser for your own use.
- You will be shown to a pew, please don't move about the church unnecessarily. Members of the same household may of course sit together.
- Liturgy will be on the screen with some single use sheets available when possible.
- Music, including songs and hymns, may be played in some services. Please do not sing.
- Government guidance states that there should be no shouting or raised voices.
- Communion is in one kind, the bread. At the administration of Communion, please remain in your pew and listen to instructions, most of the time the bread will be brought to you. You may remove your mask whilst receiving communion..
- At the end of the service please leave promptly keeping a 2m distance from other households and do not congregate in church to talk.
**Due to Covid-19 Restrictions the service pattern below is suspended until further notice**
Sundays at our Churches - see below for weekday services
1st Sunday of the month
During the Week
- Morning Prayer - 9:30 am at St Mary's for 15 minutes Mon, Tue & Thur. (Please see the weekly Notice Sheet - link on the Home Page - to check when it's happening)
- BCP Holy Communion - 10 am each Wednesday